Friday, February 25, 2011

Officially Graduated

Last week I had the chance to go on a business trip to Vegas. I recently completed a Certified Franchise Executive program and my work was nice enough to fly me out there so I could officially be a part of the graduation. Very nice of them. It was a really cool experience. Mitt Romney, Steve Forbes, and Joe DePinto were some of the speakers there and it was so great to meet so many people that have been founders of such great companies. I particularly liked Mitt's address he talked a lot about the impact small business has on America. He talked a lot about creating jobs and protecting the America that our founders created. It was a really inspiring message! Many people at the table I was sitting at were democrats and they mentioned that they would like to see someone like Mitt as President.
Another highlight was listening to Joe DePinto, CEO of 7-Eleven. He recently starred in an "Undercover Boss" episode. He was such a great and motivating speaker. I am a sucker for a good underdog story and loved the humble clips of some of the people working in his organization.

At the graduation my co-workers wife snapped this shot. I guess you can say Mr. Bean was there too! I am sure this guy is so nice but I thought it was crazy how similar they look!

I am so glad to be done and I missed my family so much while I was gone!!

No comments: