Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Part II


This is Trace "holding on tight" to Brody the squirmster. On Christmas Eve we started a new tradition. We have a lot of Dutch ancestors so we read the story of The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes and then all of the kids left their dutch shoes out...they filled them with carrots for the reindeer and then in the morning they were filled with goodies. And the carrots had reindeer bites---unbelievable. ;) My sister Ashley also made all of the kids giant Santa Bags and Santa filled them up with presents.

THE GREAT DALMUTI GAME


As one of the gifts---Dustin and I gave my parents The Great Dalmuti game. It is a card game that has different "peons"---I was an Egyptian princess, my mom the Queen, my Dad the Nun, Brandt The Great Dalmuti, Baylee the Jester and Dustin and my sister were immigrant workers. I was a little bummed because the actual card game didn't arrive in time so we played a pretend round. We will have to let you know how the real game is!

4 comments:

. said...

Reese and I love games! Even your pretend round looked like fun so let me know how the real game is.

Side note: We painted yesterday and we get the flooring this upcoming weekend. Thanks so much for your!

Kristin's Little Family said...

Oh my gosh babe, the pic with dustin and the hat is priceless, I miss you and hope you are doing well, lets get together and make something and hopefully not burn it ha ha, miss ya babe!

Bryant and Jodi said...

So oh my! I just ran across your guys blog and your little boy is so cute! I love his hair. Hope all is well with you guys.

Bryant and Jodi said...

No, we are now in Iowa!! What is new Shana? Fill me in.