Sunday, November 15, 2009

Playing catch up!!

Brody just finished his first swimming lessons session with his buddy Bowen. At first he was a little reluctant but by the end he was jumping off the side of the pool, going under water, and able to do some strong kicks which included the running man under water. He would always say "I'm fast" and kick, kick, kick...it was a great time for Brody and me to get out and to have some social time with Marci and Bowen. Next up...Tumbling class if anyone is interested. :)


Then we had a great Halloween. Our neighbor Margaret went trick-or-treating with us. She was dressed as a cat and took advantage of the FREE candy. Brody was obviously a lion but would only leave his hood on for a few seconds before ripping it off.

The only other update in our lives is Brody lost 2 pet fish in 2 weeks. He is OBSESSED with fish so we bought him a goldfish--I asked the pet store for the fish that would die the fastest because I am not a big fan of pets! :) Buzz #1 only lasted 1 night. It may have been due to Brody sharing his cheeseburger with the little swimmer. A few days later we got Buzz #2. Every morning Brody would wake up and the first thing he would say is Mama--fish!! Then a few days ago he died too. Life lessons learned early I guess. Lastly, we have hit a HUGE milestone with Brody...for the past 2 years he has called Dustin and me either "Daddy" or "Dust" he can now officially say mama. It melts my heart. Some kids are just stubborn I guess!

5 comments:

m@R(! said...

i can't believe he is talking. i guess i still think of him as a baby. I have been thinking of putting kinley in tumbling but she would just stare at everyone else.

Wilson said...

What a cute little lion! That's hilarious that he gave his fish a hamburger but atleast he was sharing.

marci said...

poor little Buzz #1, at least he got some good food before his dying breath! good job brody! we had so much fun with you guys and our little swimming class. although bowen's progression was backwards, he still talks about it. "i go swim and jump mom!" i just mumble under my breath "ya right!" we're hoping tumbling is a little better!!

Johnsens said...

Sounds like you have been busy and having fun. Thanks for updating, I can't believe how big Brody is getting. I'm with Marci A. I can't believe he is talking.

Kristi H said...

I should have given you our little fishy-that thing would just not kick the bucket. But, alas it did a few weeks ago...yea! Oh, I mean :(
You guys sounded like you were having fun in swimming lessons- next summer you will have to come down to swim at the pool with us! Let's play soon- for real!