Well the time has come and Dustin and I are going to step off the ledge into the unknown and launch our business! Yes, this means no steady income, insurance, benefits, etc. Possibility of losing our house...but who the freak cares? Can I get a heck yes!!! I wanted to be able to record my feelings so I can never forget the reasons as to why I am doing this.
My story: Flashback to 7 years ago. Dustin and I were just married, poor, and I was without a job. I prayed like the dickens in hopes that I could find something to support us. After multiple dead ends I saw an ad in the newspaper for a shipping position at HRI. The pay seemed decent and I was beyond desperate. I had a feeling to go and apply...I figured it may suck but I was confident that I could make it work as a means to an end. When I pulled up to HRI there were 2 entries...I remember thinking "I am nuts!?" I can barely lift anything what the heck am I thinking? and I passed the first entrance. Then the spirit spoke "turn here" so I did. I remember never being so humbled in my life going in to ask for an application. The receptionist kindly gave me the application then she spoke up and said hey we just posted another job that may be of interest to you...it is for a Marketing/Qualifier specialist. To make a long story short I applied for both and was hired to be that Marketing/Qualifier Specialist. I have often reflected on this story. It has been a great witness to me of how the spirit works. I really believe that when we trust those crazy promptings some of the BIGGEST blessings come from them.
I know it isn't coincidental that my path has taken this course. I have been given opportunities at HRI where I have been able to gain valuable experience and knowledge in such a short amount of time. For the past 4 years I have been selling franchises for HRI...I have really found that there is a huge need for innovation and change within this industry. I won't go into all of the details but basically there is some shady stuff going on and I am set out to destroy it. I have created this company to help people to find a franchise that truly fits their needs. Unsolicited by high commission fees and greed. I have a lot of great people and brands behind me and although I have not made a dollar yet I am going for it. See here I go again being NUTTY. But I know the same spirit that told me to apply for that dang shipping job is telling me to fight this battle.
I have called my company "RHMG" because just like the children's story I find that so many people are tired of doing all the work while high execs make the big bucks. As we launch we will be kicking off a $500 referral program. If you refer anyone to us that ends up BUYING one of the franchises we represent we will pay you $500. If you don't know of anyone that is okay we will gladly take your prayers and Sunday dinners as we give this beast all we have! Wish us luck!


8 comments:
Heck yes! I would wish you luck but I know you don't need it! Your my hero and my greatest inspiration Chels!
HECK YES!!! you are amazing! and sunday dinners you will get! :) love ya!
Yes, yes, yes. A super good luck to you! You are the most entrepreneurial business woman I know, so this is right up your alley. But, of course, I still wish you and Dustin the best of luck!
Heck yes! Good luck and we will be thinking and sending prayers and good vibes and maybe even some referrals your way.
Wahoo! Good Luck!!
You seriously rock! Knowing you this business will take off in no time. I am excited for you. GOOD LUCK!!!!! can't wait to hear more about it over time.
good luck!! We wish the best as you take this scary leap into the unknown! It sounds like you are well prepared and will do awesome! Thanks for sharing your story- I loved hearing how you were guided to that job and then to this. I can't wait to see where this road leads you. keep us posted! And we will for sure keep you in our prayers.
chel's...your da' bomb :) You're amazing and such a go getter! You will make it work and it will be amazing because that's how you work!!! Here's to a new adventure, cheers!
Post a Comment