Friday, October 10, 2008

My little Mess-Maker



Well after this week we know that Brody won't be taking after Dustin's squeaky clean behaviors. On Tuesday Brody woke up from his nap and I was finishing up a work call so I let him sit and play for a few minutes. Lately when we have gone to get him out of his crib he thinks it's funny to squat down and then jump up and scare us with a Rarrr! Well this time I got the scare of my life---when he jumped up his face was covered in poop. For a second there I thought Aunt Jamima had left a kid in our crib---I barely even recognized him. I have heard of kids taking off their diapers and smearing it on their cribs but their face? YUCK! So into the tub he went.So then an hour later I left the room for 2 minutes and came back to Brody covered in my new turquoise eyeshadow. Apparently he thought it would suit him well! So back in the tub we went to make bath #3 for the day. Then yesterday we had a repeat of Tuesday. Poop on his face and all over the crib-what else can you do but laugh-I seriously think he thinks it is lotion and he is so proud when he lathers himself up! What a gem!

10 comments:

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

That is too funny! That would have been quite a mess to clean up, You Go Mom! I love this picture of Brody, he is such a cutie!

Sorry about that removed comment, I wrote my comment and then realized that it was under Dan's name and so I reposted this one.

marci said...

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!! i'm so sorry! maybe before nap time you should duck tape that puppy on! but the picture is so cute and inocent i have to love him regardless of his poop art!

m@R(! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
m@R(! said...

opps i accidently deleted my comment!
That is hilarious..hopefully you got a picture so you can show his girlfriends in like 15 years. hehehe

Hulberts said...

Ha ha ha! That is hilarious but I am so sorry at the same time. Now you gotta think of how to break THAT habit. Good luck!

B and J said...

I hope all children don't do that, I might think twice now about having one. But still a funny story, I hope you did take pictrues to show his girlfriends in about 16 years!

Jen said...

That is hilarious! Maybe he just really enjoys getting in the tub...

Denise and Nathan said...

LOVE IT. Nothing like eating poop, right?

Mary Millward said...

A gem indeed! Oh my word, that is hilarious. At least Brody is cute, then it makes all messes, even poopy messes not such a big deal, right? miss ya